Sunday, September 26, 2010

Late for Church

So I missed church this morning. Several folks had reminded throughout the week that I was welcome to join them at the Iglesia Reformada Juan Calvino, John Calvin Reformed Church service at 10am. As I was preparing to eat a quick breakfast and head down the block to the church I was informed that I was already late, and everyone knows,  lo que está hecho, hecho está, what's done is done and there is always next week. I didn't receive the message that service had been moved up to 9am to accomodate a baptism. I guess I haven't made it on the phone tree yet.

As the rain pourded down (as it did all last night, and is said to continue to do through Tuesday) rather than grab a quick bite, Carmencita prepared me some comfort food; beans, fried bananas, warm tortillas and strong coffee! While I can blame it on the rain (sorry for the Milli Vanilli reference, couldn't resist) or the schedule change, I think secretly the food is what kept me home this morning. I have a feeling it will become easier to get to church when I have to prepare my own meals.

1 comment:

Molly Dowell Baum said...

That is hilarious, Kristi!

We have been late to church only 1 out of 4 Sundays so far, which is pretty amazing for us. The day we were late, the church was already packed, so they led us through the side door and we sat in the chancel in front of everyone! It was awkward, but also an awesome vantage point. And we ended up leaving early that day--before communion. We were with some friends who had another engagement. It was already almost 1pm, and we'd been there 4 hours already! That was the same day we saw the 30+ baptisms.

Well, we'll be looking forward to hearing about your experiences worshiping in El Salvador soon!

Peace & love,
Molly